Academics and SIP
The IAS School Improvement Program (SIP) is a continuous effort to maintain our school’s academic excellence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in education and technology. The program was initiated in the early 21st century through surveys and evaluations of our students’ and families’ needs, leading to a school-wide focus on student-centered decision making.
Current Focus Areas:
- Socialization and multicultural awareness
- Supporting students with special academic and behavioral needs
- Improving the curriculum, lesson planning and assessment
- Strengthening relationships with parents
- Student Council and extracurricular activities
- Structured student activities and resource availability
- Peer-tutoring program
- Teacher availability during homeroom for theme discussions
- Individualized behavior modification plan
- Disciplinary Committee for academic and behavioral improvement
- Peer mediation and conflict resolution
- Psychological counseling services
- Increased homeroom hours and parental conferences
- Career and college counseling
- Teacher planning and meetings to assess goals and improve curriculum development
- Student Council activities such as the IAS Times and Community Service projects
New students in 2nd to 11th grade must pass proficiency exams in English reading, writing and oral comprehension. Pre-K to 1st grade focuses on building English language skills through games and social interaction, with mathematical skills introduced in Kindergarten and developed in 1st grade. 4th to 6th grade students can study German, while 7th to 12th grade students have the option to study French or German.
Future Growth Points:
- Expansion of language programs to include additional languages
- Integration of technology in the classroom and curriculum
- Development of student leadership and entrepreneurship programs
- Expansion of extracurricular activities and community service projects
- Further enhancement of student support services and counseling
- Continuous improvement and innovation in academic standards and curriculum development.
IAS is constantly working to improve our school, and we remain dedicated to providing the best possible education for our students.