IAS Bulletin June 19 – 23, 2023
· Dembego 18: Middle School trip to Torun
· Dembego 18, 08:45 – 15:00: Grade 9 day trip
· Dembego 18, 15:15 – 16:00: Programming Club
· Dembego 12, 15:20 – 16:00: D12 staff meeting
· Dembego 18: Middle School trip to Torun
· Dembego 18, 09:30 – 15:00: Grade 10 day trip
· 16:00 – 17:30: High School Football training
· Dembego 18: Dance Rehearsal – All day
· Dembego 12& 18: Clubs CANCELLED
· Polin Conference Centre, 10:00 – 12:30: IAS Closing Ceremony
· Clean-up day: For teachers only, no classes.
Closing Ceremony invitation
Dear Students, Parents, and Staff,
We extend our heartfelt invitation to join us for a truly memorable event as we celebrate the Closing Ceremony for all students: International Day and the Graduation Ceremony of the Class of 2023.
The Closing Ceremony, aptly named International Day, is a vibrant celebration of our school’s rich cultural diversity and the collective achievements of our students. It serves as a testament to the spirit of unity, learning, and growth that flourishes within our community. Moreover, this momentous occasion will also include the much-anticipated Graduation Ceremony for our remarkable Grade 12 graduates.
Date: Thursday, 22nd June 2023
Time: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm (all students should be seated by 9:40 am)
International Food Festival: 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Location: POLIN Conference Center, Mordechaja Anielewicza 6, 00-157 Warsaw
PLEASE RSVP IN THIS LINK: Closing Ceremony RSVP
- Parking. Please note that there is very limited street parking in the area around Polin. If possible, please travel by public transport to the venue and allow plenty of time to reach the entrance.
- Access. There is only one entrance, and it is for both the museum and the conference centre. The main entrance is on the side of the building facing Zamenhofa Street.
- Potential delays: Additionally, there are additional security measures at the entrance including metal detectors so expect some delays due to queues.
- Arrival times: Grade 12 graduates should plan to arrive by 09:00 to allow time to familiarize themselves with the space and get dressed. All other students should plan to arrive by 09:20 to allow sufficient time to move through the building and be seated by 09:40. The main entrance will open at 09:00 AM
- Food festival: Ms. Winzeler will contact any parents that wish to volunteer for the International Food Festival with more details on Monday. If you have any questions or you would like to volunteer, please contact Ms. Winzeler directly on email@example.com
D18 end of year activities
Grade 10 day trip
Venue: Stacja Grawitacja Warszawa – al. Bohatetów Wreznia 12
Students will leave school at 09:30 and travel by metro and tram.
Students will return to school at 15:00
Students can bring their own money and buy lunch at the cafeteria at Stacja Grawitacja.
The permission slip is attached to this mail
D18 Art festival
The D18 Art festival was another massive success! A big thank you to Ms. Iza and her army of volunteers for putting together such an action-packed day!
D18 Science Fair
Ms. Beata, the Science department and our high school students took D18 on a journey to learn more about fruit on Monday morning. They later took their show on the road and presented in D12 in the afternoon. This is the 3rd and final edition of the Science Fair for this school year. The administration would like to thank Ms. Beata and her Science, Math & ICT teacher for their efforts in this initiative.
There were several trips arranged throughout last week for interested students. Check out just some of the photos below:
On Friday, 16 June, the 11th grade IB students held their TOK Exhibition. To complete this core part of the IB program, the students needed to identify three unique objects which helped them to explore a knowledge-based question. The purpose of the activity is to apply the concepts learned in the course and show how knowledge manifests itself in the real world. Throughout the morning, the students were able to present their findings and answer several thought-provoking questions from their teachers and peers. Excellent work, IB students!
Important upcoming dates
22nd June: Closing ceremony
1st September 2023: Opening ceremony for 2023/24 school year
Please Update your information:
Dear parents & students, if you have changed your address, e-mail address or telephone numbers, please let the office know so that we can update our database to improve communication with you.